Must be U.S. Citizen
Secret, with eligibility for a TS/SCI
Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or engineering or 5 years equivalent related military work experience (United States AF [USAF], United States Army [USA], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]) in an information technology related career field.
This position has been designated as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification position (Information Assurance Certification is a condition of employment), in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Change 4, dated 10 Nov 2015. Must hold and maintain one of the required IAT Level II (or higher) acceptable certifications as outlined in DoD 8570.01-M.
AveningTech seeks a C2 Systems Administrator to support the Chief of AOC Systems and C2 Systems Team to ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and software are on-line and available to the user as outlined in AFI 13-1 AOC Volume 3. The C2 Systems Administrator will be located at the 612 AOC facilities, on DMAFB. The contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- Install work stations, configure and maintain 60-160 C2 systems as required by the WS physical and virtual servers at the site as needed
- Administer 60-100 C2 operating systems.
- Load 100-200 C2 system application software and patches as required by the WS as needed.
- Install servers, configure and maintain 50-100 systems as required by the WS as needed.
- Assist in performing backup of 50-100 C2 servers/databases as required by the WS.
- Assist in managing approximately 900 AOC small computer/terminal physical and virtual resources.
- Assist in managing approximately 150 user computer software configurations and tactical Local Area Network (LAN) systems.
- Coordinate with users, workgroup managers, and Communications Focal Point (CFP) personnel to resolve computer software and hardware problems on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with CFP personnel for changes to approximately 150 computers, servers, or LAN systems on C2 systems network.
- Participate in Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) of C2 systems and new technologies on an approximately semi-annual basis.
- Provide C2 systems administration, planning, integration, implementation and operations in support of approximately eight operations, exercises, and/or major experiments or tests per year.
- Provide mentorship to newly assigned 612 ACOMS military C2 systems administrators and on an approximately weekly basis.
- Collaborate with local AOC Training Managers as necessary to ensure mission qualification training (MQT) requirements and instruction are accurate and reflect the individual AOC configurations, technologies and support responsibilities on an approximately quarterly basis.
- Travel in support of operations in support of war, contingency and humanitarian operations, exercises and experiments that may require CONUS travel.
- Conduct troubleshooting and provide assistance with restoral actions for system outages and/or problems arising from patches and upgrades.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of three years experience working with operational-level C2 systems with experience performing C2 systems administration for an AOC, Joint AOC, Coalition AOC or other service equivalent operational level C2 node.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified NIPRNet and classified SIPRNet network enterprise environments
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system software for servers and workstations.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Sun Microsystems Solaris operating systems software for servers and workstations.
*This position is contingent on C2 SYSAD award to AveningTech.