The Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) Planner position is in the "Plans" section of Cyber Defense Branch (CDB) within Assistant Chief of Staff G-6, U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Pacific (MARFORPAC).
The DCO Planner is responsible for assessing all operational impacts resulting from cyberspace activity and information network threats against our information systems thereby ensuring resilient, reliable information and communication networks, and access to the cyberspace domain.
The DCO Planner provides course of action development recommendations, participates in operational planning, conducts network impact assessments, prepares DCO response plans, and facilitates other network security initiatives in accordance with all U. S. Cyber Command (USCC), Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Command (MFCY) and other Department of Defense (DoD) cyberspace directives.
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and executing all exercises involving DCO to exercise and test cyber readiness for both the U.S. and our Allies and Partners within the Asia-Pacific region. Through these efforts, the DCO Planner will enhance the ability of MARFORPAC to confidently conduct high-tempo exercises and operations while minimizing network disruptions and intrusions.
DCO PLANNER BILLET RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination with higher, adjacent and subordinate commands as well as select cyber defense agencies, integrates DCO into all exercises and operations in the MARFORPAC AOR.
- Develops, revises and recommends IT security policies, procedures and SOPs to bolster cyber defense during exercises and real-world operations.
- Develops and submits all cyber event scenarios and injects for inclusion in the Joint Master Event Scenario List (JMSEL) database to exercise cyberspace operations.
- In support of exercises and operations in the MARFORPAC AOR, produces and updates all Annex C and Annex K information to include all Appendices and Tabs.
- Coordinates periodic threat and vulnerability assessments to determine the full spectrum of threats (e.g. natural, criminal, terrorism, accidental, etc.), and the potential impact of loss from these threats.
- Develops and presents exercise and informational briefs to all MARFORPAC war-fighting functions during training events and exercises involving DCO for the purpose of increasing cyber awareness.
- Identifies and submits Joint Manning Document (JMD) personnel requirements for DCO in support of exercises and real-world operations in the MARFORPAC AOR.
- Attends all assigned exercise planning venues in support of DCO planning requirements, then subsequently participates in assigned exercises to support the necessary requirements for DCO.
- Develops cyber event mitigation techniques/strategies to include periodic review of Tailored Readiness Option (TRO) and Defensive Cyberspace Operations-Internal Defense Measures (DCO-IDM).
- Applies internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of classified and sensitive material and equipment.
- Reports instances of security violations to appropriate supervisory/management officials, and assumes full responsibility for safeguarding all classified/sensitive material and equipment in assignment areas.
Must be U.S. Citizen
HS Diploma or GED