May require travel once or twice a year to the continuous continental United States for conferences.
Must be U.S. Citizen
A minimum of an associate’s degree from a recognized accredited organization or life experience equivalent as determined by the medical group executive staff.
Design, implement, direct and analyze the credentials program to ensure the medical and dental staff have qualified and competent healthcare professionals IAW Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Health Agency (DHA), Air Force Medical Readiness Agency (AFMRA), and The Joint Commission (TJC) guidance and policies. The CM provides expert knowledge to the Medical Group Commander (MDG/CC), Chief of the Medical Staff (SGH), MDG staff. The CM will initiate, maintain and analyze credentials and privileging files on each privileged healthcare provider on staff or seeking to obtain privileges.
Practical knowledge and understanding of established credentialing standards from TJC, the Air Force and the DoD or demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and apply similar concepts.
- Practical knowledge and experience in database management.
- Skilled in typing and file management.
- Proficient in developing power point presentations.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills to provide briefings to leadership, training to staff and communicate with internal and external customers as relates to the credentialing process, clearly expressing information taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- Proficient in understanding, interpreting and applying written guidance and policies to include technical material such as graphs, tables and charts.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, nomenclature and procedures relevant to the credentialing process.
- Practical knowledge of medical specialties and ancillary services.
- Broad knowledge of individual state medical board, national medical certifying boards and other agency requirements regarding licensing and certification.
- Prior experience in credentialing preferred, however, not mandatory.
- Unique Military/Healthcare Systems familiarity or the ability to adapt to new systems desired: Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA); 2.6.2 Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS) and/or MHS GENESIS
Physical Requirements: Requirements may include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending. Carrying or lifting of medical records or documentation may be required daily.